On 11 May, Saint Joseph Seminary College held its 121st commencement exercises in Saint Joseph Abbey Church. The Most Rev. Gregory M. Aymond, Archbishop of New Orleans and Chancellor of the Seminary College, presided. The commencement address was given by the Most Rev. Anthony B. Taylor, Bishop of the Diocese of Little Rock.
Rev. Gregory Boquet, O.S.B., President-Rector of the Seminary College, conferred the Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Philosophy and the Liberal Arts on:
- Alexander J. Albert, summa cum laude, Diocese of Lafayette;
- Stephen J. Gadberry, magna cum laude, Diocese of Little Rock, Ark.;
- Mario Jacobo Urtes, Diocese of Little Rock, Ark.;
- Angel R. Alvarez, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston,Texas;
- Stephen F. Hauck, Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas;
- Kevin E Panameno, Diocese of Memphis, Tenn.;
- Cody M. Reed, Diocese of Baton Rouge;
- Samuel B. Higginbotham, summa cum laude, Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux;
- Brian A. Phillips, magna cum laude, Diocese of Austin, Texas; and
- Sebastian Twesigomwe, cum laude, Diocese of Austin, Texas
Receiving the Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Philosophy and Theological Studies were:
- Christopher M. Dehart, Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux;
- William J. Dunbar, magna cum laude, Archdiocese of Mobile;
- Troung Son Cao Nguyen, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston;
- Adam J. Nobles, Diocese of Jackson, Miss.;
- Michael J. Richard, summa cum laude, Diocese of Lafayette; and
- Stephen P. Vacek, magna cum laude, Diocese of Victoria, Texas.
Completing the Pre-Theology Program were:
- Christopher G. Boutin, with honors, Archdiocese of Mobile;
- Jason K. Johnston, with honors, Diocese of Jackson; and
- Jacob A. Mendoza, Diocese of Victoria, Texas.
In his closing remarks, Archbishop Aymond commended Fr. Gregory on the completion of 15 years of service as President-Rector. The Schola Cantorum provided a musical interlude for the ceremony, which was followed by a reception for the guests.
Saint Joseph Seminary is an accredited four-year liberal arts college that prepares seminarians for the study of graduate theology.
Listen to the recordings of the speeches from the ceremony:
- Homily by Fr. Gregory Boquet, OSB
- Commencement Address by the Most Rev. Anthony B. Taylor, Bishop of the Diocese of Little Rock